Diesel Power
First |  Prev |  4 |  5 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Duramax vs. Power Stroke

TRIED THEM ALL TRIED THEM ALL
User | Posts: 69 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/02/06
08:13 PM

i can allways tell the ford guys, the comercials with the big cowboy singing about how tuff he is because he drives a ford comes on ill bet they touch themselves  

Posted: 12/02/06
08:25 PM

The current dodge is quieter with the hood open than the current ford is with the hood closed. and there goes that advertising again words like badass and power sounds like a new song for a ford comercial. I DRIVE A FORD TRUUUUK SO I CAN KICK YOUR BUUUT.  

2001cummins 2001cummins
User | Posts: 160 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 12/11/06
06:45 PM

You're right, not enough people complain about the Cummins but it's not that they don't sell many trucks, it's because Cummins is a well built motor if not the best and there is nothing to complain about. You are right about Ford selling more trucks but they sell their commercial line of trucks so cheap it's hard for dumba$$es to turn it down when their buying so many.  
06 Dodge Cummins 2500 4x4, Edge Juice w/ Attitude w/ Hot Unlock, Predator 2018 STG 3, S@B Air Intake, CFM+ Intake Manifold, 5" Turboback Magnaflow, South Bend DD 3600 Street Comp, Top Gun Custumz leveling kit. Dyno- 495HP-962TQ, 15.20 in the 1/4 Hot only

2001cummins 2001cummins
06:59 PM

People out there don't just buy Dodge because it has the best diesel, it's a well rounded truck with the best diesel in it. It might not ride like a car like the GM stuff with that weak ifs but it is a truck thats made to be used like a truck.  Cummins is going to a 6.7 for emissions after having the 5.9 since 89. The 6.7 is rated at 350 and 650, 10 less hp than the d-max and the same torque.  
06 Dodge Cummins 2500 4x4, Edge Juice w/ Attitude w/ Hot Unlock, Predator 2018 STG 3, S@B Air Intake, CFM+ Intake Manifold, 5" Turboback Magnaflow, South Bend DD 3600 Street Comp, Top Gun Custumz leveling kit. Dyno- 495HP-962TQ, 15.20 in the 1/4 Hot only

caveman666 caveman666
New User | Posts: 32 | Joined: 09/06
10:49 PM

look in the dictionary. Dodge: Adj.-to avoid. Dodge could have a solid gold cummins in it with a liftime guarantee. Still not worth owning the rest of that truck. It is a cheap *** interior. And the bodystyle is the ugliest on the road. You dodge fans are sure outspoken. enjoy your engines.  

ColoradoDuramax ColoradoDuramax
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/12/06
11:45 AM

Now I show and traing cutting horses so I am always hauling something whether it be hay, horses, or cattle, and the occasional ford. I will say this... the 7.3 powerchoke was a decent engine, then ford came out with the 6.0, in my opinion it's the only this worse than a gm 6.5. I had a '02 Cummins, then just for fun i traded that in for a new 04 cummins. The cummins never disapointed me. But the DURAMAX.... my oh my... you just can't beat. Pulls like the powerchoke wishes it could and is better in every way possible. DURAMAX/ALLISON all the way!!!!  

ColoradoDuramax ColoradoDuramax
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 12/06
11:52 AM

I live in Colordo, about 5 minutes away from ATS Diesel Performance. Any one ever seen Clint Cannon's Duramax?? I go to the pulls all the time and holy *** he's runnin 970 HP out of that duramax!! Now show me a Powercroke that has even anywhere close to that?? exactly you can't. They don't even exist. And what won both challenges?? ummm... a DURAMAX!! gettin the point?? you dumb, under educated, hillbilly for boys should back up what they say. Do I hear another showdown? yet the one's i know won't, so grow up! get a real diesel!! get a DURAMAX or a CUMMINS!!!  

02:35 PM

ok so that the name fits I tried a ford. my good buddy works at raben tire. they went with the F250 over dodge or chevy due to fords financal problems the got 6 trucks cheep. I am surprised that the interior is pretty nice. the ride is rough but for around town its ok i wouldnt want to take it on a long run across the country. the powerstroke pulled decent but doesnt seem to be up to the duramax or cummins ability and is loud compared to the others bottom line for me and in my opinion dodge and chevy are are pretty far ahead of ford. but thats just MY opinion  

00cumminspwr 00cumminspwr
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 12/06
Posted: 12/13/06
05:32 PM

Diesel Trucks Rock!  Can I get an Amen?  You guyz are all great.  I can sit at my computer and read all these well thought replies and just feel the passion you all have for  your trucks.  Laugh!!!  Oh man, I laugh out loud at some of you!  Now, I'll tell you how I see it.  I'm a farmer.  My dad's a Farmer.  His dad was a farmer.  Grandpa used John Deere.  Dad used John Deere.  I use John Deere.  Grandpa drove a cummins....can you guess the next two?  haha.  I drove them all, and I like something different about all three, but I just can't bring myself to buy anything but a cummins.  Faithful till the bitter end!  

hummin cummins hummin cummins
New User | Posts: 10 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 12/14/06
07:56 PM

I had a powerstroke and put injectors in it and played around with alot of chips  and it would never compare to my cummins with a set of 150 horse injectors and a blue chip. Look at all of ur big time pulling trucks they are all running a CUMMINS not seeing very many powerstrokes out there are ya. All of you powerstroke guys need to get the hint and step up to the CUMMINS and enjoy some REAL POWER.  

2001cummins 2001cummins
Posted: 12/15/06
03:41 PM

I will enjoy my CUMMINS and the rest of my new 06 because it is a great truck. It my not look like a car from outside to in but it is a truck not a car. I will enjoy knowing that my dash wont chip and peel like the chevy's, I know my drive shaft wont bend and break like lose weak aluminum ones, or break those weak half shafts for that weak IFS, I know my seat wont bend and break because it's made to hold a man that's 200 + not a truck made just for girls, I know I wont break welds on my frame or cross member, Etc., I could go on and on because I have seen all this happen but I think I proved my point.
 Chevy- Solid As A Rock, Ya Right Tongue

*** Chevy is the worst looking, they should have stayed with the 01 and 02 body.  

tireman43 tireman43
User | Posts: 109 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 12/20/06
10:49 AM

As was stated previously...WHO WON BOTH CHALLANGES??? How about those cheap parts??? I have stated before the Cummins is the only reason that Dodge sells as many trucks as it does!!! My car like ride and more stock power than either the Ford or Dodge is the reason I drive the best...GMC/D-MAX. Grin  
05 Summit White CC D-Max, Hypertech III, Silverline Cool Duals, K&N, and more

DURAMAXXED DURAMAXXED
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/06
03:40 PM

Come on seriously if you think a ford or a dodge can beat a Chevy you need to see your doctor. first of all chevy teamed up with the *** and still made a better diesel. Second of all is that ford and dodge have to buy there diesel engines. Third of all they can't even put a strong enough transmission or rear end behind it to get the power to the ground where it really matters. Atleast chevy drivers know when they hit the pedal they are doing more than making noise.  

CMNGTIT CMNGTIT
New User | Posts: 28 | Joined: 07/06
04:10 PM

A strong enough rear end? If you can find a stronger rear axel than a dana 80 please let us know... and I hate to tell ya but the only reason GM is sellin trucks is the "allison tranny." that gm dooped everyone into buyin... its just a GM manufactured POS that allison signed off on. None of the components hold a candle to the aftermarket trannies that allison offers. And also doesn't offer any advantages over the ford torque shift might I add, except the name... and the *** as you put it, are the only reason GM is even a contender so you might wanna pay a little more respect... They saved GM's  full size truck line with the Dmax and are in partnership talk with renault nissan... Can anyone say sell out?  

00cumminspwr 00cumminspwr
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 12/06
05:10 PM

SELL OUT!!!  HAHAHA.  That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.   Cool  

First |  Prev |  4 |  5 |  Next   | Last