White Smoke???

Diesel Power
Item Posts    Sort Order

White Smoke???

macrodot macrodot
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 01/08/07
09:13 PM

Got a problem when i crank up my dodge, it white smokes for about 3 to 6 secs but it goes away after that can't figure it out  

Cummin not Strokin Cummin not Strokin
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 01/10/07
11:14 AM

Well more than likely its just a cold start issue my 97' dodge will smoke for a lil bit after start up but when it gets warm it doesn't smoke. I wouldn't worry too much about it.  

spotted ape spotted ape
User | Posts: 106 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 01/10/07
04:43 PM

No need to worry I had a truck that would blow white smoke in the morning when the temp. dropped below 45 degrees and nothing ever became of it.  

ajgast ajgast
New User | Posts: 11 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 03/09/07
09:47 PM

this is a normal condition and is caused by water vapor condensing in the cold engine and exhaust  

Russell M Russell M
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 03/13/07
07:32 AM

Question? My 99 puffs one puff of black smoke when I crank up. We live in Tampa where it realy don't get cold but the humitity is high. I have never seen white smoke nor have I ever seen black smoke when I get on it. My g friend has a 04 VW Jetta TDI. That thing stock flies but black smoke bellows from it when she stands in it. Why does her diesel smoke amd my 99 doesn't?  

ajgast ajgast
New User | Posts: 11 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 03/13/07
06:35 PM

Black smoke is from excess fuel when you see the black smoke it is because the when the engine fires there is still unburnt fuel in the cylinder from cranking a small amount is normal as for hers when you step on the pedal the injectors pump more fuel into the cylinders richening which also causes black smoke but is the smoke has a blue-ish color then you have engine oil burning and that is somehting that needs to be fixed you truck doesnt smoke becasue of emission reasons. im not all that familiar with volkswagans but if the smoke is excessive it could be caused by restricted intake air like a dirty air filter or a leaky injector  

02CUMMINS 02CUMMINS
Enthusiast | Posts: 276 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 03/16/07
01:30 PM

black smoke is good. means that the engine isnt running too lean. alot of engines wont go to full fuel until full boost pressure is present. just look at semis when the driver stands on it they smoke alot too. normal condition for a diesel  
02 Dodge Cummins. w/ Banks Six Gun w/Speed Loader,K&N Intake,4" exhaust, FASS 150gph,150hsp injectors,

Big Swole Big Swole
User | Posts: 226 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 03/19/07
06:42 PM

"JUST CAUSE IT'S SMOKIN, DOESN'T MEAN IT BROKEN!!"

Smoke'm if you Got em!!!

I love the black smoke and the look on folks faces behind you when you fog them out!  Most people won't understand and appreciate it, but it fun none the less!!

"I love the smell of Diesel fuel in the Morning!!"  
-THE INTERCEPTOR-
Silver 05 CTD 2500 4x4 QCSB Laramie
11.22 @ 120 mph best 1/4mile on #2 Only!!
Track calculated 850 HP
Full Build,
Smarty SSR
MP8, PPE Dual CP3's
MPI Twins 62/71/13SS over an S480 with race cover.
F1 Flux 3.8's
Fletcher DP3 cam F1 valve springs,
FASS, CFM+, Garmon's Full Billet Tranny with Lockup switch
GARMONS DIESEL PERFORMANCE 404-557-4972

BBF BBF
New User | Posts: 41 | Joined: 03/07
07:08 PM

i love it  when i see some one get a whole window covered in black smoke by a ford or dodge but a cop in our town would pull you over for that would you do that BIG SWOLE?  

Big Swole Big Swole
User | Posts: 226 | Joined: 10/06
07:35 PM

Icon QuoteBBF:
i love it  when i see some one get a whole window covered in black smoke by a ford or dodge but a cop in our town would pull you over for that would you do that BIG SWOLE?

No way!!!  I really don't like writing ticket's anyway...Especially for speeding or stuff like that Cause I do it too!!!

I only write the people who do stupid stuff that can cause accident's...i.e. running red lights and blowing through stop signs's........We have lot's of neighborhood's where kids are playing...My job is to protect and keep people safe , not to harrass drivers for loud pipes and black smoke!!

I wasn't always a cop and I realize that i can't be a hippocrit...I like to have my fun too  Smile  
-THE INTERCEPTOR-
Silver 05 CTD 2500 4x4 QCSB Laramie
11.22 @ 120 mph best 1/4mile on #2 Only!!
Track calculated 850 HP
Full Build,
Smarty SSR
MP8, PPE Dual CP3's
MPI Twins 62/71/13SS over an S480 with race cover.
F1 Flux 3.8's
Fletcher DP3 cam F1 valve springs,
FASS, CFM+, Garmon's Full Billet Tranny with Lockup switch
GARMONS DIESEL PERFORMANCE 404-557-4972