Diesel Power
1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Anyway to bypass DPF in duramax LMM

Love that diesel smell Love that diesel smell
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/07
Posted: 09/12/07
08:05 PM

I have a 07 chevy duramax with the LMM and would like to open up the exhaust. Anyway to eliminate the DPF filter at all?  

bluetech151 bluetech151
Guru | Posts: 1304 | Joined: 06/07
Posted: 09/13/07
10:07 AM

I dont know now but I will let you know if some one does it.Some one who owns a 6.7 Cummins cut their DPF off and it ran good but lets let some else do it before you get to messing that truck up.  
Diesel Power: It'll eat up anything in its path and spit out pure charcoal.

Jason Gonderman Jason Gonderman
Administrator | Posts: 439 | Joined: 12/06
12:10 PM

Hope you like losing your warantee and having to buy a new $1,200 exhaust system and possibly pay other fines for tampering with the DPF... These new exhaust systems are serious business and none of the OEM's are taking removal of these lightly, and neither is the government, if you get caught it's the same as removing a a cat from a gas vehicle (depending on where you live it can vary)... I wouldn't do it if it were me.  
------------------------------------------------------------
As soon as they offer a Ranger with a Diesel in America, I'll be the idiot camping out in front of the Ford Dealer!

colt49 colt49
User | Posts: 97 | Joined: 07/06
01:09 PM

Unplug all the sensors and coil them up and tied back up high on frame ends taped. Get a 5 inch straight pipe system turbo back-duals or single... MBRP is most popular and loudest, remove old exhaust system from truck in pieces and keep it for future use or to sell later the CATs and DPFs are expensive items. Install new system cat delete DPF delete muffler delete straight through I said. You will just get a CEL fault light but the engine runs fine you can drive it anywhere. It well not regen if the sensors are unplugged. It just has a fault code. Contact EFI Live or PPE for the delete software for the new computer in the LMM. It's much faster and has more functions than LBZ system. When you drive this LMM with a 5" straight pipe you will hear that Duramax scream and that turbo whistle so loud it makes you aroused!!!! You can burn the tires into 3rd gear stock tune. Get a PPE Hot+2 or Quadzilla Stealth 2 programer and put that in and run it. You will fracture the ears of the ricer or biker next to you when you leave the starting line. Make your system a storage item if you want to put it back on for dealer. Pain in ass but worth the warranty work. Just don't take your truck in for every nickel dime problem just drive the *** out of it it's made to run hard and long. Just have to do the maintenance. You will have lower EGTs, hi power and torque out the azz. You will love the jet engine sound when you stand on it and keep it down until you hit 130 mph. You go *** that happened fast.... guess you need to drag now.  

colt49 colt49
Posted: 10/03/07
02:05 PM

One more source for DPF delete software is now HP Tuners. They have a slot in Dieselplace.com Engine Electronics-Custom Tuning with the EFI Live. One more fun item is new RPM Limit raised setpoints in LBZ motor ECM. Guess it's 2 new items at 5K rpm. Now that is a handful if you have it lit up with a 550 plus horse tune.  

mild2wild mild2wild
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/07
Posted: 10/11/07
02:05 PM

what exhaust are you using when deleting the dpf  

colt49 colt49
Posted: 10/15/07
06:54 AM

MBRP is good for the price and quality. Most systems are very functional it's what you spend and think what's it worth. 5" gives the best flow and super sound on a Duramax to me. It brings out the raw power all through the power band. A straight pipe makes a competitor take notice when you kick it up and blast off. You have to experience it. A 4" is great too same great performance add a muffler to either if you want it quieter. Just add a programmer for a variety of power levels and you're set. Now the guys at Dieselplace.com that dumped the DPFs are reporting 25 mpg with the above changes and driving 60 to 75 mph. Each truck is bringing diffrent mileage but all are putting out great power if you hammer it. LBZs are just under those numbers of the LMM from the reading. Ford can't get that mileage. It's not happening on any place I read anyway. Ford is 17mpg emtpy as I read it so far. Cummings is always grinding out nice power and mpg mostly as steady goes.  

4x4fantasy.com 4x4fantasy.com
New User | Posts: 30 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 11/01/08
06:19 AM

To delete the DPF from a duramax, all you have to do is run a Quadzilla tuner, or a PPE HOT, and use the exhaust from an LBZ truck.  You dont need a 5" unless you plan on making over 500hp.  For less than $800, you can have a gain of 3-5mpg and over 100hp.  Let me know if your interested.  

mchustz mchustz
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/22/10
03:05 PM

I'm interested.  My neighbor owns a muffler shop and gives me decent pricing.  All I'm looking to do is get that DPF out of there.  Use the Quadzilla to turn off the emissions, maybe a small power boost, increase my fuel mileage, especially when towing but not spend $2,000 to do all this.  It's my daily driver truck, need it to last.  

dieseldoc dieseldoc
New User | Posts: 28 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/30/10
03:41 PM

its simple i own a performance shop ,buy 4inch or 5 inch turbo back for a 03 04 duramax ,bolts right on.take the egr off the truck ,the delete kit for that is 120 dollars,an get a ppe or edge evo or rce tune to keep ur computer at bay.  

CSNTRBL CSNTRBL
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 08/16/10
10:08 PM

I have an 08 chevy durama LMM and want some good clarification on the DPF/CAT delete procedure. I have the PPE Xcelerator "programmer" but am not using it because i have the banks six gun "tuner" on my pickup. I understand doing a turbo back exhaust and holding onto the DPF filter and Cat for future use but what about the computer part??? What do i do with the PPE Xcelerator to modify the computer? and is that going to interfere with the banks six gun tuner? Can they be stacked? any clarification on the programming part would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

alan  

Richies Truck and Auto Richies Truck and Auto
Enthusiast | Posts: 355 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 08/17/10
08:42 AM

Hey bro, I have done close to a dozen of these set ups in my shop. You need to make sure the PPE Hot+2 is the race version with regen delete software. If you have it already w/o regen software, PPE will upgrade for a small fee. I believe you can run the PPE on a regen delete only w/o any added fuel or timing. I never had anyone ask to run the 2 together, sorry. Just for clarification, the 01-04 LB7 head pipe does NOT just bolt in. You must cut and reweld the hanger to a new location a few inches forward and slightly clocked from where it was. 4in is just fine, the 5 in wil give you only sound. The head pipe only comes in 4 in anyway due to clearance issues by the trans and tcase. You can get the pipe from places already modified for more $ but its easy to do if you can weld.  
Rich
05 GMC 3500HD CC/LB LLY
Fully built!
06 GMC 2500HD CC/SB LBZ:
Being built....
2011 3500HD H&S...
2013 Denali 3500HD H&S....

aktnt aktnt
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/11
Posted: 01/11/11
10:23 PM

http://www.powerupdiesel.biz/  

Every thing you want to know at this site....  

alcchevy alcchevy
New User | Posts: 25 | Joined: 02/11
Posted: 02/18/11
01:51 PM

I have a 2007.5 duramax with the lmm. I have been reading a lot of different opinions on the dpf delete. This is one of the best ones iv seen but still have some questions. Can i unplug everything on the dpf an put a piece of pipe in its place an run the truck an all i will get is a check engine light? Can i clear the code with a diagnostic computer like the dealerships have? The reason i ask this is because i have the banks six gun an banks iq and dont want to get rid of it. The iq is awesome just becuase of everything you can do with it but i hate the dpf an want to lose it.  
2005 GMC 3500. Efi live. 4x4. S and b intake and elbow. Fass  150 gph.

Richies Truck and Auto Richies Truck and Auto
Enthusiast | Posts: 355 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 02/20/11
09:55 PM

I believe if you remove the components and do not tune out the inputs/codes from the pressure switch and thermocouplers, the ecm will place the engine in "limp" mode. I have not tried this on my own due to the installation of software on every truck I have done, but this was my understanding from speaking with the tuner manufacturers. If you have the IQ, then you can turn off the code if it sets. Try taking the sensors off and see what happends. Dont remove the exhaust yet, just unplug everything (black box and egt probes) to try it.  
Rich
05 GMC 3500HD CC/LB LLY
Fully built!
06 GMC 2500HD CC/SB LBZ:
Being built....
2011 3500HD H&S...
2013 Denali 3500HD H&S....

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last