Air ride seats

Diesel Power
Item Posts    Sort Order

Air ride seats

Rocko Rocko
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/29/08
12:59 PM

Hi, new member. Anyone know anything about putting air ride seats in a 2002 Ford Excursion/F350? 3rd. back surg. need a little help with the ride.

THANKS.  

gunman41mag gunman41mag
Guru | Posts: 1175 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 04/29/08
05:07 PM

HI Rocko, WELCOME TO DIESEL POWER!!!I THINK YOUR BEST BET WILL BE TO GOOGLE IT, and SEE WHAT INFORMATION YOU GET.  
2008 F250 SUPER-CAB 6.4 PSD 2WD 1999 F250 super-cab 7.3 PSD 2WD(sold)
MEMBER- BLOWIN' SMOKE GANG Commerative Heart

Rocko Rocko
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 05/01/08
09:08 PM

Thanks, gunman41mag. I have done that and found a place back east that sells seats and hardware. But they have never installed one. I was looking for someone that maybe had. I think i'll do it anyway maybe I'll be the first.
P.S 41mag is a nice caliber.  

gunman41mag gunman41mag
Guru | Posts: 1175 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 05/02/08
12:48 AM

THANK YOU ROCKO, I LIKE IT CAUSE IT HAS 20% LESS KICK, AND NOTING YOU HIT WITH IT WILL BE ABLE TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE .410 DIAMETER OF THE 41 MAG, AND THE .429 DIAMETER OF THE 44 MAG, THE 41 MAG IS EXTREMELY ACCRATE, AND JUST A BIT ON THE RARE SIDE!!! I HAVE THE SMITH & WESSON 657 3 INCH ROUND BUTT. EXCUSE ME FOR BEING OFF-TOPIC, BUT I LIKE MY THREE W  WHEELS, WEAPONS, and WOMEN!!!!!!  
2008 F250 SUPER-CAB 6.4 PSD 2WD 1999 F250 super-cab 7.3 PSD 2WD(sold)
MEMBER- BLOWIN' SMOKE GANG Commerative Heart

RLDSL RLDSL
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 08/31/08
02:12 AM

I don't know about one that new, but I stuck an air seat in my '92 f350. The ride is incredible!
It wasn't too difficult, there is a company that sells air seats for pickups with bolt in brackets, but they are REAL proud of them.
I went to the big truck boneyard and grabbed a couple of passenger seats from International 9670 cabovers. The heater unit is in a box under the passenger seat on those things ( as well as some of the international conventional tractors of that vintage ) and many of them came with a pancake mount air seat that is  the perfect height for a pickup. I got an airride for he drivers side and I was unable to find another air ride for he passenger side in decent shape, so I grabbed one that only had the fore/aft isolator springs ( rocks back and forth to absorb backslap from expansion joints in the road) My wife usually sits there and her back isn't in that bad a shape, and the seat is still a zillion times more comfortable than factory seats and has oodles of adjustments for comfort.

Mounting wasnt too hard, I already had an aftermarket front seat 40/20/40 setup with a square tube frame and I just pulled the whole frame out, welded a couple of tabs on the drivers side and drilled a few holes in the tip plate on the passenger side and stuffed it back in. Even without a bracket like that it would not be hard to fabricate  the needed mount by butchering the factory seat mount.

I had to put one in mine, I have basically no discs in my back left, and after the first run halfway across Oklahoma dragging the 5er, I spent 4 days in bed chomping pain pills from the backslap and figured that noise wasn't going to get it. the air seat is a dream, can barely feel speed bumps now. I currently have it rigged with a shraeder valve and it holds air without bleed down, I have an onboard electric compressor I need to install .  

needpower needpower
Addict | Posts: 2069 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 08/31/08
07:03 AM

http://www.suburbanseats.com that the only site i could find that had some good pictures along with prices  
1997 f-250 7.3 powerstroke. just another old truck making big power hahaha
my lug nuts need more torque then what your honda makes