Diesel Power
1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Injectors

HumminCummins22 HumminCummins22
User | Posts: 147 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/07/08
08:24 PM

on my 1999 dodge i have a 65hp chip and going to have a cold air intake and and intake manifold and i have a automatic with a tripple disc torque converter, what would be the safe injectors or how many horse to put in and not reck anything? i do have a boost,fuel pressure, trans temp, and exhust temp gauges in.  
1999 Dodge cummins 65hp edge chip, tripple disc torque converter and boost,egt temp, trans temp, and fuel pressure gauges, 4" turbo back exhust with 5" tip, silencer ring removed from turbo, FASS 150GPH, HOTROD VP44, leveling kit, BD steering Stabalizer BD boost elbow and KN Air Filter rolling on 35" BFGoodrich Mud Terrain. Light sticks, chrome door handles and tailgate, chrome fender trim, chrome gas cap cover, chrome bed rails, chrome tailgate covers, chrome bugshield and eyebrows, chrome rocker panel, ch

Jason Sands Jason Sands
Moderator | Posts: 632 | Joined: 03/07
Posted: 07/08/08
01:32 AM

I'd probably get a higher hp programmer before injectors.  
--------------------

1989 Dodge D250 "Project Rust Bucket" 14mm Scheid VE pump, 5x25s, 47RH by J&H Performance, 62mm S300, dual wastegates, ARP studs, o-ringed head, NX two stage, 972rwhp on two guns.

1995 Dodge 4x4 "Project Triple Threat" Goerend Trans, Secret squirrel stuff by Garmon's 433/842

06:08 AM

what kind of programmer would be good and still not wreck anything if i ever did get injectors  
1999 Dodge cummins 65hp edge chip, tripple disc torque converter and boost,egt temp, trans temp, and fuel pressure gauges, 4" turbo back exhust with 5" tip, silencer ring removed from turbo, FASS 150GPH, HOTROD VP44, leveling kit, BD steering Stabalizer BD boost elbow and KN Air Filter rolling on 35" BFGoodrich Mud Terrain. Light sticks, chrome door handles and tailgate, chrome fender trim, chrome gas cap cover, chrome bed rails, chrome tailgate covers, chrome bugshield and eyebrows, chrome rocker panel, ch

05:59 PM

if i wanted to keep the chip i got (maybe). Would 100hp injectors be good.  

BullyDogDallas BullyDogDallas
User | Posts: 129 | Joined: 04/08
07:51 PM

you know whats bad ass for your truck check this link out

QUADZILLA= Cheaper than injectors Wink  
2004 Dodge Cummins Quad Cab,Rolling Big Power Tuner, 4 inch straight exhaust, BD Adjustable Wastegate, K&N cold Air Intake, 35 inch BFGs, 17x9 inch Mickey Thompson Wheels

"Member of the Blowin' Smoke Gang"

07:56 PM

yes i have looked at that but people say 'you wont get that to the rear wheels if you really want any chip to work good get some injectors' that is what i have heard. and if i put injectors in i will have my 65hp chip and injectors which would be the same as the chip.
If i ever did put injectors in would 100 hp be fine or 90hp or what???? that for your time... Ooo  

11:12 PM

Your egts are going to skyrocket, and as far as the egts go you should be able to keep them down with massive amounts of boost and free flowing exhaust at least a 5 inch as far as the massive amounts of boost your going to want to get that turbo to spool up so an intake and an intake manifold would be a good way to start and then maybe a turbo i didnt have the money so i bought the adjustable wastegate and i love it like i said before but i talk to this dude on the phone all the time at extreme diesel i think he has an 01' he said thats the most bad A$$ module for the 24 valve cummins.  
2004 Dodge Cummins Quad Cab,Rolling Big Power Tuner, 4 inch straight exhaust, BD Adjustable Wastegate, K&N cold Air Intake, 35 inch BFGs, 17x9 inch Mickey Thompson Wheels

Posted: 07/09/08
07:55 AM

so if i get a wastegate the afestage2 cold air intake and a cfm intake manifold. will that be pretty good once i put injectors in????  

dukeboy_318 dukeboy_318
Guru | Posts: 897 | Joined: 01/07
10:24 AM

itll help, im running the edge juice with attitude, 150 hp injectors, a stock turbo, a cold air kit, 4 inch striaght piped exhaust, making 450 dyno proven HP at the rear wheels.

My buddy has the adrenaline, steer clear of it for a while, they are having a lot of problems, his is not working right, through codes, buttons actually falling off the controller, shutting the engine off onthe highway at 65 mph, weird *** like that and ive seen all over the web, some work great, but the vast magority have had problems, lots of problems.

Get an edge juice with attitude, its well worth it and is proven to work. for your set up with current chip, no more then 75-90 hp injectors, too big og injectors with out the right timing will cause a bad surge and could possibly destroy an injector or two.  
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 24 valve, 5spd with south bend 550hp+ clutch, 150 horse injectors, Fram Boost intake(for now), Edge Juice with attitude, 150 gph fass fuel pump and much more, all together 450 dyno proven HP and 1170 ft lbs.
DPMAG May Ride of the Month

and a quote from Dmax007-  this site is entirely the blind leading the blind. nobody on this site has the balls to stand up to this stupid blowin smoke gang. got news for you, i do.  

Recruiter/member of the Blowing Smoke Gang!

11:42 AM

Wow dukeboy i didnt know all the crap on the adrenaline. Hummin cummins get the edge juice with the attitude like dukeboy said, that way when you do get your injectors you can watch those Egts  

dukeboy_318 dukeboy_318
12:24 PM

right, plus the attitude will alert you when your egts hit a preset temp, beeps loud to alert you to back off.  it will also cut out fuel to help keep your egts safe.  

yeah, adrenaline doesnt get the power it says it does, on the dyno, my buddies truck only gained 103 hp, my juice gained me more then advertixed at 123hp  
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 24 valve, 5spd with south bend 550hp+ clutch, 150 horse injectors, Fram Boost intake(for now), Edge Juice with attitude, 150 gph fass fuel pump and much more, all together 450 dyno proven HP and 1170 ft lbs.

and a quote from Dmax007-  this site is entirely the blind leading the blind. nobody on this site has the balls to stand up to this stupid blowin smoke gang. got news for you, i do.  

05:49 PM

i do have a egt in my truck and boost and fuel pressur and trans temp but i would like to keep my chip and put like 75-90 hp in jectors is my egt temp would sky rocket???? Will they???  

07:13 PM

they will but if you keep an eye on them you'll be fine. just dont hold the pedal to the medal for an hour j/k more like 2 minutes if that.  

07:18 PM

alright  

dukeboy_318 dukeboy_318
Posted: 07/10/08
12:17 PM

with 75-90 hp and a free flowing air system, you should be fine, anything close to 1400, back off.  one question that i have to aask though, do you have an aftermarket lift pump on your truck??  if so, which one??  

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last