injection control pressure sensor circuit low

Diesel Power
Item Posts    Sort Order

injection control pressure sensor circuit low

charlie_c charlie_c
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/23/08
06:57 PM

i have a 2003 f250 w/ the 6.0l in it. i have my check engine light come on and this is what it read: p2285 injection control pressure sensor circuit low. can anyone HELP. I have the banks six gun and k&n cold air intake.  

Rancher Rancher
New User | Posts: 30 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 07/24/08
08:39 PM

Sounds like you have a (ICP)Injection Control Pressure sensor going out.Acording to ford they were some sensors that would get weak and start causing problems the truck well eventually stop.The senser cost about 100.oo bucks  and is a little hard to change buy it can be done.It is located on top rear of the eng.you have to reach up from the bottom drivers side and remove a heat shield it has two bolts that hold it on (eng. must be completly cold).After the shield is out of the way you will see a wiring harness covered with high temp,wrapping right under the turbo down pipe, looking from the drivers side to the pass,side you will see the sensor screwed into the top of the high pressure oil pump housing it lays horizonal.You will need a 1 1/16th deepwell sockect two universal joints and some extentions I used 3/8 drive 12 point sockect. There some other factors to look at that could cause this code i.e.(dirty oil,fuel pressure, geled fuel,low oil,wrong oil,elect connections).I hope this helps I am assuming you got your code readings from the Banks unit so I would have it scanned with a DTS at ford or someone that has one before change out parts .The only thing my tec. manuals give on this code is to check the above if all ok change ICP.Hope this gets you a little insight.  

charlie_c charlie_c
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/25/08
02:42 PM

thank you for your help will check in to this thanks again  

sapko84 sapko84
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/15/09
04:55 AM

Hello,
I have the same problem with my 2005 F-250 diesel truck. At the begining it want start. I hook it with another car and we drove it around 10 miles until it starts. When the engine is hot it starts as soon as i turn the kwy. Later the starter died and i changed it with new one. this is happening only in the morning(the car stays off all night) Now i have the p2285 code and i don't know what to do. Please HELP. I tryed everything.
Also it showed BTC FAULT on the panel.