Diesel Power
Mobile Icon BtnMobile Icon Btn RO
Newsletter

1999 f350 7.3 ( diesel pumping in to radiator)

Diesel Power
Item Posts    Sort Order

1999 f350 7.3 ( diesel pumping in to radiator)

ewbankmfg ewbankmfg
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 06/25/09
12:25 PM

Confused I would like some input into what could be the problem with my truck.  I thought it was that the fuel rail goes through the head gasket and blew across to a water jacket.   But now that I have all the accessories off the front of the engine,  I  can see the fuel rail just goes through the head.  Any thoughts before I pull  the motor?  Oh, by the way, it ran great and started easy.  I started smelling a little diesel  and noticed that the overflow tank was cracked and overfull with diesel.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.  Confused  

bulldog2001 bulldog2001
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/09
04:28 PM

more than likley injector cup or cups cracked. hard to tell witch one just best to do them all.  

pbrbullhauler pbrbullhauler
Enthusiast | Posts: 556 | Joined: 03/09
06:09 PM

funny i was talking to a customer about 2 weeks ago and he was telling the same story about a truck they had. said it is some o- ring that is allow the fuel to go into the coolant. mechanic didnt say where but i would think its on an injector or somewhere. sorry all the info i have on it  

ewbankmfg ewbankmfg
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/09
08:48 PM

thanks for the info. i was hoping it was somthing like that. any other info would be great!! you guys are awesome!!  

jscott64 jscott64
New User | Posts: 13 | Joined: 02/11
Posted: 03/05/11
09:39 PM

Injector sleeve or sleeves out Replace sleeve and reseal injectors.  

h2oddes h2oddes
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/11
Posted: 04/23/11
01:10 PM

had the same thing happen to my 02 f350 it was the injector seals. it's my understanding it takes a special tool to remove these. its also gonna take a few coolant changes to fully clean out the system . good luck.  

JLHcummins JLHcummins
User | Posts: 85 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 04/23/11
05:41 PM

Its probably the injector sleeve that the injectors set down in on the head,they do require a special tool to take out and you simply drive the new ones in.If you wanted to change just the one that is cracked you can pull out the injectors(I prefer one side at a time )and hook a pressure tester to the coolant ressivor and build up a little pressure and look in the sleeves to see which one is got antifreeze coming through.This is just my opinion but I would replace all of them while I had the injectors out and also you will want to replace all of the injector o-rings to just to be on the safe side.Hope this solves your problem(I'm pretty sure this is it because I have done several of these at work).  

IBLEWUP IBLEWUP
User | Posts: 68 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 04/25/11
07:08 AM

I've had the same issue before... replace your injector cups and injector seals. It's a pain in the rear but be patient.  
2003 F-250 CC/SB, FX4, factory 20's w/325's, 24V P-Pumped Cummins, 191 Delivery valves, 4K GSK, tork-tek OFV, rack kit, fully modified AFC, 5" straight pipe exhaust, Intake, Built Tranny- There's probably some other stuff I forgot about...  (Had a 7.3)