Diesel Power
Item Posts    Sort Order

'06 F-250 ABS Warning light

mike06250 mike06250
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 06/08/09
02:04 PM

Hello,
I am new to the forum and have a question about this truck I bought a few months ago. On a recent trip the ABS warning light came on. When this happened the truck stalled and the speedometer went to zero. It immediately began running fine again and the speedometer returned to the actual speed. When I stopped to refuel and restarted the truck, the warning light was off. The same thing happened again the other day while on another trip. Can anyone tell me what this indicates? The brakes work fine and the brake warning light does not come on, just the ABS light. There is no engine warning light either. I am a new diesel owner and I just wanted too see if anyone had any experience with this type issue before I brought it to the shop.
Thanks  

new2diesel new2diesel
User | Posts: 98 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 06/08/09
02:46 PM

It might be a speed sensor if the speedo quit working there should be a code stored in memory of the ABS module if there is no speed sensor in the rear of your transfercase it will be the one on the top center of the rear end they are easy to replace but you might want to have someone pull codes the speed sensors can effect the transmission and engine