4BTA Cummins Performance Modifications

Diesel Power
Item Posts    Sort Order

4BTA Cummins Performance Modifications

sbartolic sbartolic
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 08/05/09
10:10 PM

I have a 95 YJ wrangler and I want to put a 4bt in it but we can never leave well enough alone can we?  So I want to get it up to around 400hp and 700 ft-lbs of torque if possible while retaining driveability.  This is probably the most important part as this is my daily driver.  After reading about the "Hybrid Killer" I know that a high hp engine can get good gas mileage.  

The parts of a 6bt 5.9 cummins are compatible with the 4bt and I was wondering what I should run for injectors, what lift pump, and if a hx 40 over an hy 35 as a compound setup would be any good?  If not, what would you guys suggest?  I would like to get as good of gas mileage possible with the power gains; that is my main goal.

Sorry for asking so many questions at once.  I am new to the diesel niche and have many.  If there is a good book that talks about diesel performance modifications, much like DieselPower has done with turbos (and other issues I did not get), in depth.  Thanks!  

sbartolic sbartolic
Posted: 08/07/09
06:27 PM

Nobody has anything? Frown  

sbartolic sbartolic
Posted: 08/10/09
06:38 PM

ugh, bump.  

Dieseldude03 Dieseldude03
Enthusiast | Posts: 357 | Joined: 01/07
Posted: 08/15/09
11:15 AM

Go to http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/index.php. These guys know anything and everything about the 4BT Cummins. They'll steer you in any direction you want to go in!  
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4. H.O. Cummins, 6spd manual trans, 4.10 gearing. Intake, Exhaust, Hot Juice, HTT HTB2 62/12/65, Jake Brake, 305-65R17 (33 x 12.50) Pro-Comp Extreme All Terrains, SBC Con O FE, Fuel Tank Vent Mod,  Various other gizmos.

I-6 Cummins guys are keepin' it straight. Those other boys swing both ways.