Lucas oil additive.

Diesel Power
Item Posts    Sort Order

Lucas oil additive.

2784idba 2784idba
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 08/12/06
11:51 AM

I know asking oil related questions can stir up the *** but I want others opinion. Have you used Lucas oil add in your truck and if yes, did it help or cause problems. the reason I ask, I used Restore in a 350 chev cube van and it caused it to use 1 quart of oil per tank of fuel, which was only 150  miles.  

Fordman Fordman
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 08/19/06
09:32 AM

I have never heard anything bad about Lucas products. I use the injector cleaner  and have used the oil add with no problems.  

cmewes cmewes
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 08/06
Posted: 09/20/06
10:48 PM

Look on bobistheoilguy.com, there is a section about oil additives.  Really opened my eyes  

b-kids b-kids
New User | Posts: 12 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 08/20/09
07:40 PM

I run Lucas oil & fuel additive in everything that I own gas or diesel. I also sell it in my truck shop and suggest it to everyone. However I have a friend /customer that also runs it in everything he owns except his 08 Volvo w/ISX Cummins, he bought new and ran Lucas from day 1 but the truck used oil until he quit using the product. This is just more proof that motorized contraptions are just like women,they all have their own niches and want to be different!!! Probably not a lot of help to your question but just my experience and opinion. I have only heard of a couple of other trucks with this problem. Most people that I know that run Lucas have nothing but good things to say about it.

1993 F Superduty
7.3 naturally aspirated
250,000 plus on the odometer
average daily weight 13,500 everywhere it goes  

new2diesel new2diesel
User | Posts: 98 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 08/24/09
07:32 PM

save your money