7.3 Timing cover removal...?????

Diesel Power
Item Posts    Sort Order

7.3 Timing cover removal...?????

IBLEWUP IBLEWUP
User | Posts: 68 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 08/19/09
09:39 PM

Long story short; My timing cover cracked... I have removed every bolt holding the timing cover on and also removed the oil pump but the dang thing still will not come off. Is there anything bolted to the timing cover internaly? (oil pick up tube??) It's been giving me a headache... Confused  
2003 F-250 CC/SB, FX4, factory 20's w/325's, 24V P-Pumped Cummins, 191 Delivery valves, 4K GSK, tork-tek OFV, rack kit, fully modified AFC, 5" straight pipe exhaust, Intake, Built Tranny- There's probably some other stuff I forgot about...  (Had a 7.3)

IBLEWUP IBLEWUP
User | Posts: 68 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 08/27/09
08:39 PM

Hey everybody! Incase anybody is wondering... YES!! The oil pick-up tube is bolted to the bottom of the timing cover.AND To remove the timing cover you have to drop the oil pan to remove the two bolts holding the oil pick-up tube on. By the way... this can be done with the engine still in the truck. Unbolt the motor mounts from the frame and hoist the engine up as high as it'll go, It's a pain in the rear but it can be done. PS: It's easier if you have a friend with little hands. Grin  
2003 F-250 CC/SB, FX4, factory 20's w/325's, 24V P-Pumped Cummins, 191 Delivery valves, 4K GSK, tork-tek OFV, rack kit, fully modified AFC, 5" straight pipe exhaust, Intake, Built Tranny- There's probably some other stuff I forgot about...  (Had a 7.3)