PROGRAMMER

Diesel Power
Item Posts    Sort Order

PROGRAMMER

JARHEAD093 JARHEAD093
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/09
Posted: 12/29/09
06:48 AM

LOOKING TO GET A NEW PROGRAMMER. USED TO HAVE A BULLY DOG POWER PUP & LOVED THE ADDED POWER & FUEL MILEAGE. AFTER FORD DEALER DOWNLODED AN UPGRADE - POWER PUP QUIT WORKING. BULLY DOG TOLD ME IT WAS AN OLDER VERSION & WOULD NOT BE UPGRADABLE & I NEEDED TO BUY A NEW ONE. LOST ALL RESPECT FOR THE COMPANY @ THAT POINT. NOW I NEED TO GET A NEW PROGRAMMER. HAVN'T KEPT UP ON PRODUCTS. ANY ADVICE ON WHAT IS WORKING GOOD ON A 2005 FORD F-250 4X4 CREW CAB 6.0L DIESEL?  THANKS, KEVIN  

adsnselma adsnselma
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/08/10
01:58 PM

I would look at the Bullydog GT. I know you had one they couldn't upgrade but the same would have happened if it had been any other tuner. Thats why they all say remove from the truck when carried to your dealer!! The GT gives you the screen, works on Chev, Ford, & Dodge and is internet updatable. And if you pull heavy loads you can add the pyro kit and it will de-fuel itself if things get too hot. I think its the best bang for your buck-  

buc1096 buc1096
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 01/14/10
01:59 PM

I agree the bullydog GT is one of the best tuners for the money.  Tuners should be selected based on what you intend to use it for.  I would consider the SCT or Granatelli fuego.  If your looking for serious power the Granatelli can stack the chips reaching up to 485hp on the 6.0 psd.  Other consideration is a screen to watch EGT's as that can be the death of your powerstroke quickly.  
buc1096

hoss98 hoss98
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 03/05/10
08:47 PM

NEED CODES FOR 2004 DIESEL  

SmokenGun SmokenGun
Guru | Posts: 908 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 03/05/10
09:03 PM

Dont waste your money on those generic cookie cutter programmers man!!

Get an SCT X3 with custom tunes just for your truck from Eric at Innovative Diesel Performance or from Tadd at Elite Diesel Engineering. You wont be disappointed!! Ask people who run their tunes and see what they say Wink Jody at DP tuner can do custom tunes for the 6.0L, but Tadd and Eric are the big players for a 6.0L I would say.

-Have fun with it man!  
-97 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie SLT 5.9L 12-valve Cummins, 47RE, 4x4, 3:55's, CC, LB, KDP fixed, S&B intake, silencer ring gone, 4" straight-pipe exhaust, 4,000rpm GSK, 60lb. valve springs, #10 fuel plate, boost elbow, re-torqued stock head bolts, BD steering box stabilizer, Autometer boost, EGT, and trans. temp. gauges, AMSOIL full synthetic fluids, lots of other small stuff. 150,000 miles. Next: Fully built transmission (Goerend or Sun Coast).