CP3 Pump replacement

Diesel Power
Item Posts    Sort Order

CP3 Pump replacement

blackcat83 blackcat83
User | Posts: 62 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 02/13/10
04:17 PM

i have looked for instruction but found nothing on the internet.

planning on doing it myself and i have a puller for the gear and thought all i had to do was remove was three bolts and fuel lines and FCA wire

but i run across a post on another site and it said the fan and belt had to be removed also

Confused  Confused  Confused
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
2004.5 Dodge 3500 Manual Trans, Quad Cab, 2wd, -upgrades-Dynomite 50+ HP Injectors, AFE Mega Cannon II intake, AFE 4" turbo back exhaust, Edge Juice-Attitude, Pureflow AirDog 150, Quadzilla Fuel Rail Gauge ***************** Future Upgrades- South Bend Dual Disk Clutch, ARP Head Studs, ATS Aurora 5000 Turbo compound kit,  Arson III CP3 kit, AFE Intake Elbow, Snow Performance Milage Max Kit

Cumminalong Cumminalong
New User | Posts: 45 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 02/14/10
04:17 AM

This is all you need to do to remove / replace the CP3.....

http://www.dodgeownerforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9087.0

Wink  
------------------------------------------------------------
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, EFILive tuned by Doghouse Diesel, Garmon Billet Tranny, BW 64 over 80 Compounds, PPE Dual CP3's, 150 GPH Pump, DDP 160HP nozzles, 110# Hamilton Valve Springs, Billet Pushrods, ATS Intercooler, ARP Head, Main and Rocker Studs, S&B Intake Horn, 5" Turbo Back Exhaust, Dipricol EGT, 100 psi Boost, Rail and Fuel Pressure Gauges, a few "Mystery Switch", more...

Mike McGlothlin Mike McGlothlin
Moderator | Posts: 1007 | Joined: 06/08
Posted: 02/17/10
10:46 AM

The fan can stay. When we swapped CP3's we just removed the serpentine belt, the plastic front cover plug, the gear nut and lock washer, then used the puller tool we had to pull the pump off.  
Mike McGlothlin