07 Duramax Limp Mode

Diesel Power
Item Posts    Sort Order

07 Duramax Limp Mode

kpsturgill kpsturgill
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/09/10
08:57 AM

When pulling my trailer the truck loses fuel pressure and goes into Limp Mode. The code must be cleared. This happens every time i pull a heavy load.

I have replaced all filters. The dealer has no idea  

Richies Truck and Auto Richies Truck and Auto
Enthusiast | Posts: 355 | Joined: 05/08
Posted: 06/10/10
08:30 PM

Hey bud, what kind of mileage do you have, if you have programmer/tuner/module/performance injectors what kind/how big, are there any changes to the fuel eyetem that you did or had performed? Are you sure its losing pressure and not limping due to another cause? What is the code number?  
Rich
05 GMC 3500HD CC/LB LLY
Fully built!
06 GMC 2500HD CC/SB LBZ:
Being built....
2011 3500HD H&S...
2013 Denali 3500HD H&S....

diesal1 diesal1
Posted: 06/30/10
01:29 PM

Hi Rich, My name is Clinton. Seen this post thought I would try to get some answers. I have a 06 3500 crew cab chevy 4x4,it has the lbz motor, I have a full 5" exhaust straight out and up into stacks, bullydog powerpup tuner, S&B cold air intake. Autometer gauges for my egts and turbo. I have had this truck since it was new. I now have 200,000.mi on it. I have had a 6000lb trailer behind it for probably 180,000. of those miles. Here is where it gets tricky for me. For the last 20,000mi I have been fighting trouble codes. I gave the codes to the dealer and they told me that they were glowplug and fuel rail pressure codes. The codes pop on every morning and whenever I put the petal to the floor and if I ask the truck to work hard on a climb with the load in toe. The codes read p064c, p0087, p0678, p0067. This is becoming very teidious as you can imagine. This truck is almost paid off, and then I was going to have some fun. I am very mechanicly capable I just need to know what you think might be the issue. I have everything from with those miles my pump is getting week to just add some type of lift pump. And the next question is should I put buildup money into a truck with 200,000 on it. That being said this truck is immaculate all highway mi,has never missed a service appt. of any kind and has run lucas in it from day 1. Your opinion is definatley valued Thanks  

boylan22 boylan22
Posted: 06/30/10
03:29 PM

hey man my name is beau and i just sold my 08 duramax. i kept trippin the fuel filter code too and couldnt figure it out we'd pull a vacume on all the filters and they were still good. turns out one of the fuel lines along the fire wall would warm up, bend over and restict the flow. maybe trace all ur fuel lines and see if ur having the same problem.  
scorpian