1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order
Sticky Thread

To Those In Need Of Emergency Help!

theSLEEPER. theSLEEPER.
Guru | Posts: 1748 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 08/24/10
08:56 AM

If possible, I will try to answer you back as quickly as possible, if you email me.

I'm going to break my email up, to keep spammers out, but here it is.

Jeret. Howard @ gmail.com

No spaces.

Or if I'm not answering, you can TEXT me. Please do not call without texting.

@ two two eight, three six five, zero six nine eight.

I've just noticed I'm not able to be here as much as I would like, but I wanted to be available.  
DIESEL INNOVATIONS

Call me for all your performance part needs!

228-365-Zero Six Nine Eight!

6 Position Custom Tuned Chips!! $320 shipped!  
SCT X4's for your 6.0!! Call me for details!

payton1 payton1
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 08/25/10
12:34 PM

I have a 2000 F250 7.3 diesel with auto transmission, which has a low speed surge.  I've changed the air and fuel filters, checked the fuel pump and lines (60 PSI on pump) and I not getting any codes.  Can anyone give me any ideas on what to look at?  paytonr@dacfix.com  

bobjinpa bobjinpa
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 08/10
Posted: 08/27/10
05:50 AM

hello can you help ? i have a 08 super duty 6.4, when in filter cleaning mode the dealer told me to let it idle to finish cleaning, 45 min. later it dropped out of active cleaning mode into drive to clean filter mode. the manual said the idle should go up in active mode but it doesn't thus not generating enough heat to clean the filter--correct ?   could the previous owner tried to flash a different program or the computer not working correctly ?  what gives ? Confused bobjinpa@verizon.net  

08F-350CHUDS 08F-350CHUDS
User | Posts: 57 | Joined: 04/08
07:17 AM

Icon Quotebobjinpa:
hello can you help ? i have a 08 super duty 6.4, when in filter cleaning mode the dealer told me to let it idle to finish cleaning, 45 min. later it dropped out of active cleaning mode into drive to clean filter mode. the manual said the idle should go up in active mode but it doesn't thus not generating enough heat to clean the filter--correct ?   could the previous owner tried to flash a different program or the computer not working correctly ?  what gives ? Confused bobjinpa@verizon.net

I am not a mechanic but speaking from experience and the fact that I have owned mine since new I think I know what you are talking about. When I first purchased my truck it would clean while in idle. They reflashed the computer for what I cannot remember off the top of my head but it was a Ford mandated flash I believe due to the filters not cleaning?(Could be wrong) At any rate the truck no longer cleaned in idle as soon as you took it out of drive it would shut that function off, it no longer high idled when in park to clean either. Long story short the truck has the most recent updates and is not supposed to idle to clean it needs to be driven. I did a DPF delete for a number of reasons the fact that I would be a block away from home or work and the truck would start regen was just one of them. Hope this helps.  
Member-Blowing Smoke Gang

theSLEEPER. theSLEEPER.
11:10 AM

Yup! Thanks for helping 08. Ford re-flashed the trucks to only clean while in drive because of the fact that the exhaust temperatures are VERY high when in regen.  
DIESEL INNOVATIONS

Climax9 Climax9
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 10/05/10
05:58 AM

Hi Jeret,

New to the board.  Don't know if you can help, but . . . My 2006 F250 super duty 6.0 liter diesel has an apparent fuel system or air problem.  About 2 weeks ago the RPMs started fluctuating for no apparent reason.  This occurs both while idling and driving.  At times, when depressing the fuel pedal, there is a few second delay in the fuel or air delivery, before the truck gets going.  It seems to run fine subsequent to the hesitation and I can discern no loss of power at higher RPMs.  I changed the fuel filters, without any noticable change.  The primary fuel filter was dirty.  The secondary filter appeared clean.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.  

theSLEEPER. theSLEEPER.
Posted: 10/05/10
07:44 PM

Any smoke when accelerating?  
DIESEL INNOVATIONS

MarineOne MarineOne
Addict | Posts: 2049 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 10/06/10
07:08 AM

Hey Jeret,

I'm thinking a tank of bad fuel, and with all the junk in the filter there might be even more in the in-tank pickup.

Your thoughts?

Kris  

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 5.9L - Smarty CR S-06 on SW #5

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 QC 6.7L - H&S MiniMaxx on DPF tune for towing
Titan Fuel Tank
Aero Muffler 4040XL
Nathan AirChime K3LA

theSLEEPER. theSLEEPER.
Posted: 10/20/10
09:32 AM

For the guy above me?  Not sure. I wish every now and then, that people would come back and let us know. Doesn't happen often... The dirty fuel does sound like a chance. But I would think that it would have cleared a little when he changed the filters.

He never mentions that it runs badly.  I was thinking stuck vanes. But I can't tell without asking him more questions.  
DIESEL INNOVATIONS

staticcontrol staticcontrol
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/09/10
06:25 PM

help,
my 2005 F250 6.0 runs poorly in the morning for about 10 miles then seems to be missing at highway speeds. Then today when i press on the gas pedal I get no response all it does is idle.
Thanks,
Lsmithcei@aol.com  

theSLEEPER. theSLEEPER.
Posted: 11/12/10
10:34 AM

Did you get my email??  
DIESEL INNOVATIONS

cockdiesel cockdiesel
User | Posts: 55 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 11/26/10
10:57 AM

I have a Q for you: In the mornings or first starts or just cold truck ( 99.5 F250 Diesel 4" exhaust no mods) after warming when I give it throttle I hear air hissing or vacuuming- not from vacuum pump its shot and waiting for replacement to be delivered. This has been an on going problem for a few months, it doesnt happen all the time but it happens enough. I have no clue as to what it is. I am new to diesel but for some reason I think its something to do w/ the turbo being that I cant floor it to "blow it out" When I give it fuel truck goes no where, it goes away after about 5 to 10 mins.

Thanks for the help,
I have a feeling its Diesel 105, just a class or to from the introduction of diesel (101)

Cockdiesel  
99.5F250 4x4: something about the rythm of the STROKE

7.3power686 7.3power686
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 11/10
Posted: 11/28/10
11:20 AM

I have a 2002 7.3 I just got it 2 days ago . I whent out side and started it up and it is pissing oil out on the passenger side top of the motor in the back right next to the hook that you use to pull the engine . Can any one help me ?  

theSLEEPER. theSLEEPER.
Posted: 11/29/10
06:51 AM

Icon Quotecockdiesel:
I have a Q for you: In the mornings or first starts or just cold truck ( 99.5 F250 Diesel 4" exhaust no mods) after warming when I give it throttle I hear air hissing or vacuuming- not from vacuum pump its shot and waiting for replacement to be delivered. This has been an on going problem for a few months, it doesnt happen all the time but it happens enough. I have no clue as to what it is. I am new to diesel but for some reason I think its something to do w/ the turbo being that I cant floor it to "blow it out" When I give it fuel truck goes no where, it goes away after about 5 to 10 mins.

Thanks for the help,
I have a feeling its Diesel 105, just a class or to from the introduction of diesel (101)

Cockdiesel

HAHA. It's not a problem man!! That is your EBPV, or Exhaust Back Pressure Valve!  It's built into your turbo and closes to help warm it up in the mornings.  It's quite a crazy thing when you hear it for the first time, but it's perfectly safe, as long as it turns off when the truck warms up.

7.3Power686, good talking to you! Glad I could help!  
DIESEL INNOVATIONS

cockdiesel cockdiesel
User | Posts: 55 | Joined: 03/10
Posted: 11/29/10
05:58 PM

(with egg on face) Thanks, as I read your responce I thought back to the summer and I dont remember experiencing it. I recently purchased CockDiesel in Feb 2010, the rest of the winter I plugged it up ( a friend has an 05 since new and he never once plugged it in) over night, then would let truck idle while I walked my dog. Thanks again, and I guess I can stop planning to replace the turbo.
Another Q: removing the line on the wastegate will result in higher boost? Should I even consider? Only mod is 4" exhaust and occassionally I will throw on Superchips tuner- no racing, no pulling or towing. However I do plan on towing 2/3 cars in future- hence the programer  
99.5F250 4x4: something about the rythm of the STROKE

1 |  2 |  3 |  Next   | Last