Track Arm/Steering Wheel??

Diesel Power
Item Posts    Sort Order

Track Arm/Steering Wheel??

BigJake441 BigJake441
New User | Posts: 22 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 01/20/13
09:33 AM

Bwano, so i replaced my track arm on my truck yesterday and all went good. So i go to leave from the shop and my truck seems to drive a little better but my Steering wheel is now turned to the left and not centered. The truck centers itself with the steering wheel turned to the left(and i dont have to hold it left, thats where it drives striaght so to say. Just trying to figure out y a new track arm would make my steering wheel move to the left as it goes straught down the road. my dad said pop the wheel off and move turn it a knotch but dont understand y it would move my wheel. Feedback would b great because i cant figure this one out. Maybb because i changed all the steering stuff i should get it aligned again.  Thanx again Gents.  

White_Lightning White_Lightning
Guru | Posts: 942 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 01/28/13
09:53 AM

If the old track bar held the axle out of center and you had an alignment job done, then put a new track bar on that moved the axle over, it will change the linkages and cause the wheel to turn  
Logan

2004 Dodge Ram 3500 QCLB with '97 12 valve swap, 5 speed, 4x4

SOLD: 1995 Dodge Ram 2500 SCLB, 12 valve Cummins, 5 speed, 4x4, lift pump, benched P7100, injectors, cam, port/polish, valve springs, studs, O-rings, coated pistons, balanced bottom end, intake and exhaust manifolds, S363/S480 compounds.

BigJake441 BigJake441
New User | Posts: 22 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 02/02/13
06:38 AM

yeah thanks. just have to get it aligned again. the new bar was way bigger and way tighter, realy akes a difference